National Sports News
- 10 interesting nuggets from Brady's interview with Stern
Brady opened up about when he knew he was going to a new team, the importance of legacy, and much more.
- Sources: Bulls tab Denver GM Karnisovas as VP
The Chicago Bulls are hiring Denver Nuggets general manager Arturas Karnisovas to become the franchise's new executive vice president of basketball operations, league sources told ESPN.
- Gurley, Matthews say Rams 'past due' on checks
Former Rams players Todd Gurley and Clay Matthews, both released March 19, tweeted Wednesday that the team is behind on delivering them money they say they are owed.
- LeBron: Closure lacking if season doesn't resume
LeBron James on Wednesday said he isn't sure if he'll be able to have any closure if the NBA season isn't able to resume due to the coronavirus pandemic. But if that happens, he'll [...]
- Virtual workouts help tight-knit Lakers stay close
Lakers vice president Rob Pelinka said Wednesday that the players are finding ways to connect.
- Opinion: Lakers' LeBron James keeping right perspective during coronavirus pandemic
A promising Lakers season has come to a halt due to the coronavirus pandemic, but LeBron James is keeping it all in perspective.
- Former Nebraska running back pivots to new career in National Guard
Former Nebraska Cornhuskers running back Terrell Newby gives up one passion to pursue another with military career.
- Here's how difficult it would be to create an MLB bubble in Arizona
MLB is having preliminary discussions about staging a season in Arizona, an idea that could be the most complicated to pull off in sports history.
- How two colleges handled hiring basketball coaches during a pandemic: 'It's a crazy time to hire'
Western Michigan and UAB bid adieu to their basketball coaches just as COVID-19 began to change the country. Finding their replacements wasn't easy.
- Opinion: Will American tennis legends Bob and Mike Bryan get send-off they deserve?
Bob and Mike Bryan's decorated tennis career was supposed to come to a close in September, but those plans may have been altered by the coronavirus.
- Bulls reportedly hiring Nuggets GM Arturas Karnisovas as new executive vice president of basketball operations
The Bulls have found their new top decision-maker
- Jerry Stackhouse says he was 'a better player' than Michael Jordan when the two played for the Wizards
The two spent just one season together in Washington
- Fantasy Football 2020 NFL Draft Profile: Is Hunter Bryant the top Fantasy tight end in the 2020 class?
The 2020 tight end class isn't strong at the top, but Hunter Bryant might be the best receiving option in the group.
- Coronavirus: Lakers' LeBron James says he wouldn't be able to have closure if NBA season gets canceled
NBA commissioner Adam Silver said recently that no decisions will be made until at least May
- 2020 Fantasy Baseball Draft Cheat Sheet: Rankings, prospects, tiers, sleepers and everything you need
Everything you need to dominate your draft, right here in one place.
Local Sports News
- Spartan Race cancelled at recommendation of county health officer
Health Officer evaluating events on ‘case by case basis’ –County of San Luis Obispo Health Officer Dr. Penny Borenstein has advised the Spartan organization to […]
- Templeton Eagles baseball beats Firebaugh 4-2
–On Saturday, the Templeton Eagles baseball team beat Firebaugh 4-2 to win the Firebaugh Tournament. That’s the first time an opponent has scored against the […]
- Kentucky Derby contender co-owned by Paso Robles resident
–Paso Robles resident Justin Border is on the road to America’s most famous horse race. Storm the Court, a 3-year-old racehorse that Border co-owns, is […]
- Bearcats sports update
Softball –The Paso Robles High School softball team beat the Nipomo Titans 7-3 Tuesday afternoon at Paso Robles High School. The game was close until […]
- Templeton Eagles baseball defeats Mission Prep in no-hitter
–It was another game, another shut-out for the Templeton Eagles baseball team. Tuesday night, pitcher Trent Hills pitched a six-inning no-hitter as Templeton beat Mission […]
- Bearcats baseball beats Bakersfield, 9-2
–The Paso Robles Bearcats beat the Bakersfield Drillers 9-2 Saturday afternoon at Barnhart Stadium. Two Paso Robles pitchers combined for a no-hitter. Junior Jakob Wright […]
- Bearcats baseball beats the Dos Palos Broncos
–The Paso Robles Bearcats beat the Dos Palos Broncos 6-5 Friday night to remain undefeated at 3-0. Sophomore Bryson Hoier’s lead off home run began […]
- High school track and field team races at intrasquad meet
–Paso Robles High School’s Track and Field Team is gearing up for a competitive spring season. The team held an intrasquad meet last Saturday morning […]
- Phil Yoshida named interim head coach of swimming and diving teams
Cal Poly Swimming and Diving assistant coach Phil Yoshida was named interim head coach in an announcement Wednesday. Yoshida’s promotion comes after 19 years as an assistant coach for the m [...]
- Patrick Madden receives nomination for best college rugby player in US
On March 24, Cal Poly Men’s Club Rugby captain Patrick Madden was listed as a nominee for the Rudy Scholz Award — the highest individual honor for a male player in American collegiate rugb [...]
- NCAA to grant another year of eligibility to spring sport student-athletes
NCAA Division I student-athletes who had their season cut short due to the coronavirus outbreak will get the opportunity for another year of eligibility, the NCAA announced Friday. The post NCAA to gr [...]
- Big West Conference suspends all sports effective immediately due to coronavirus concerns
Cal Poly sports will be put on hold, as the Big West Conference has suspended all competition effective immediately due to COVID-19 concerns Thursday. The post Big West Conference suspends all sports [...]
- Women’s Basketball’s postseason run cut short with cancellation of Big West Tournament due to coronavirus concerns
Cal Poly Women’s Basketball’s attempt at a Cinderella run to a Big West Championship will end abruptly, as the conference announced the cancellation of the 2020 Big West Tournament due to [...]
- Women’s Basketball advances to the Big West Tournament semifinals after a 70-49 victory over UC Irvine
Cal Poly Women’s Basketball continued their Big West Tournament run after defeating the UC Irvine Anteaters 70-49 in the quarterfinals Wednesday, Mar. 11 inside the Walter Pyramid. The Mustangs [...]
- Despite NCAA recommendations, Cal Poly Athletics games will continue with fans
Cal Poly Athletics games will continue as usual until a university-wide decision is made, despite NCAA recommendations to close events to the public due to COVID-19 concerns. The post Despite NCAA rec [...]
- Women’s Basketball defeats Long Beach State 59-48 in first round of the Big West Tournament
Cal Poly Women’s Basketball advanced to the quarterfinals of the Big West Tournament after defeating Long Beach State 59-48 on Tuesday, March 10 inside Walter Pyramid. The victory marks the Must [...]
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.