National Sports News
- Trending: The fourth quarter of the All-Star Game will never be the same again
The NBA announced changes to the final quarter of the All-Star game to honor Kobe Bryant, and it changed everything.
- The greatness of this All-Star Game will carry us
From crucial blocked shots to rare alley-oops, this year's NBA All-Star Game was a showcase of great basketball.
- Kawhi lights-out to claim MVP of All-Star thriller
The 2020 All-Star Game saw Kawhi Leonard win the first Kobe Bryant MVP Award and saw both teams honor the late Los Angeles Lakers legend in the most fitting fashion: by playing hard to the last second [...]
- Sources: Cavs, Beilein discussed parting ways
Cleveland and John Beilein have discussed the possibility of him stepping down as head coach during the NBA All-Star break, sources told ESPN.
- Power Rankings: Maryland is moving in the right direction
The Terps have won eight in a row and could be heading toward a special season.
- Opinion: Chris Paul's vision for NBA All-Star Game facelift has thrilling result
Chris Paul's idea – along with an assist from Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan – unfolded when Team LeBron defeated Team Giannis 157-155. &nbs [...]
- Winners and losers from Team LeBron's win over Team Giannis in 2020 NBA All-Star Game
Breaking down those who shined and those who had a rough night in the thrilling 69th NBA All-Star Game from Chicago.
- 'It just means a lot to me': Kawhi Leonard wins inaugural Kobe Bryant All-Star MVP Award
Kawhi Leonard was the recipient of the newly-renamed Kobe Bryant All-Star MVP Award with a 30-point performance in Team LeBron's victory.
- 2020 NBA All-Star weekend in Chicago
The biggest names in the NBA hit the Windy City for the 69th All-Star Game. Check out the best shots from all of the weekend's festivities in Chicago.
- Team LeBron edges Team Giannis on final free throw to win thrilling NBA All-Star Game
A new scoring format produced a thrilling fourth quarter, with both squads going all-out down the stretch before Team LeBron notched a 157-155 win.
- Kyle Lowry personified the 2020 NBA All-Star Game's competitiveness one charge at a time
Setting the tone for Team Giannis, the Raptors' six-time All-Star treated the showcase like a regular game
- How the 2020 NBA All-Star Game format beautifully emulated what Kobe Bryant was about as a player
The NBA's best did everything they could to honor the Lakers legend on Sunday night
- NBA All-Star Weekend 2020: 10 best moments include Kobe tributes, dunk contest controversy and a wild ending
It was quite an All-Star Weekend in Chicago, so we picked out the 10 most memorable moments
- NBA All-Star Game: LeBron James and others praise Elam Ending format after thrilling finish
The players that gave us an incredible All-Star ending loved the new format
- NBA All-Star Game 2020: After wild Elam Ending, you can't help but wonder about this format in real NBA games
This was an All-Star fourth quarter for the ages, thanks to the NBA switching up the format
Local Sports News
- Templeton Youth Soccer League releases results for 2019/20 All-Stars season
–The Templeton Youth Soccer League is a recreational soccer league that is administered by the Templeton Parks & Recreation Department and is a member of […]
- Bearcats boys soccer loses to Madera South
–The Paso Robles Bearcats boys soccer team lost 4-2 Thursday night to Madera South in the first round of the CIF playoffs. The Bearcats beat […]
- Bearcats Girls Basketball loses to Arroyo Grande
–The Paso Robles girls basketball team lost to Arroyo Grande 67-37 at Gil Asa Gym Tuesday night. Despite their youth, the Bearcats played well against […]
- Bearcats basketball loses to Mission Prep
–The Paso Robles Bearcats boys’ basketball team lost to the Mission Prep Royals 54-47 Friday night at Gil Asa Gym. The Royals opened a 29-21 […]
- Bearcats basketball beats Righetti
–The Paso Robles High School boys basketball team beat Righetti 60-51 Tuesday night at Gil Asa Gym. The Bearcats allowed the Warriors to take a […]
- Peggy Renberg Holiday Classic Tournament Division II Champions
Championship Game: Templeton High School, 4, Buhach Colony, 0 The Templeton High School Girls Varsity Soccer team traveled to Fresno this weekend, December 13 & […]
- Creston cowboy places at National Finals Rodeo
The National Finals Rodeo wrapped up last week in Las Vegas, Nev., and one local cowboy placed at the competition. Taylor Santos, 25, of Creston, came […]
- Templeton Eagles hold annual football banquet
–The Templeton Eagles held their annual football banquet Monday night at the Eagleteria at Vineyard Elementary School. Coach Don Crow praised the team for their […]
- Men’s Basketball remains winless on the road after 81-73 loss to CSUN
Despite four players scoring in double-digit points, Cal Poly Men’s Basketball remained winless on the road after falling 81-73 to CSUN Thursday, Feb. 13 inside the Matadome. The loss came after [...]
- Women’s Basketball comes up short in fourth quarter, falls 71-58 to UC Davis
Cal Poly Women’s Basketball failed to complete a late comeback in a 71-58 road loss to defending Big West champions UC Davis on Thursday, Feb. 12 inside The Pavilion. Freshman guard Abbey [...]
- Defending national champions headline Baseball’s packed non-conference schedule
A regional finalist. The national runner-up. The reigning national champions. Those three squads will be the first three opponents for Cal Poly Baseball when they open up their season in Scottsd [...]
- Baseball brings a new lineup of starting pitchers into the 2020 season
A pair of juniors and a pair of true freshmen pitchers will need to transition into starters quickly in order to fill the biggest holes in Cal Poly Baseball’s roster. Junior righthander Taylor D [...]
- Stuck on second: Baseball seeks redemption after falling short last season
In its last series of the 2019 season, Cal Poly Baseball was fighting for a spot in a NCAA regional tournament against Blue-Green rival UC Santa Barbara. After winning the first two games of the three [...]
- Top Baseball recruit Brooks Lee will miss start of 2020 season due to injury
Freshman shortstop Brooks Lee will be out for the beginning of the Mustangs’ 2020 season as he recovers from a rare hamstring injury. Despite the setback, Lee said he is about two and a half mon [...]
- Baseball head coach Larry Lee reflects on 1,000 career wins
As he heads into his 18th season with Cal Poly Baseball, Larry Lee remains the only Big West Conference head coach to amass more than 1,000 wins in his career. Lee achieved his 1,000th win during last [...]
- Baseball’s plans for improvement after worst offensive season
Despite finishing one game short of a Big West title in 2019, Cal Poly Baseball had its worst offensive season in 25 years of Division I baseball. This season, the team is looking to combine a group o [...]
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.